Table of Contents
How to Bring Craftsman Style Decor Into Your Home
It’s easy to look around your home and feel like something is missing. But, with a few subtle decorative changes, you can give your home a cozy, welcoming feel. Introducing Craftsman style accents is a great way to add a touch of warmth and character to any space.
If you’re not familiar with Craftsman style, don’t worry. We’ll explain what it is, as well as some tips on how to incorporate this popular style into your home decor.
What is Craftsman Style?
Before we dive into how to implement Craftsman style into your home, let’s first discuss what it is. Generally speaking, the Craftsman style is an era of architecture and design that was popular in the U.S. from around 1905 to the Great Depression.
Incorporating Craftsman style into your home doesn’t mean that you have to completely remodel — you can start small and make subtle changes. However, it is important to understand the elements of Craftsman style, so you can make sure your decor exudes the essence of the style.
Elements of Crafting Style Home Decor
When it comes to decorating a home with Craftsman style accents, there are some specific elements you should look for. Here are a few of the most important:
- Natural Materials: Embrace natural materials, such as hardwood, copper, wrought iron, granite, and even leather.
- Simple Designs: Be sure to look for furniture and accessories with simple, clean lines. Decorative pieces should never be too busy or ornate.
- Rich Colors: When selecting furniture and accent pieces, look for deep, rich colors, such as dark greens, blues, and purples.
- Earth Tones: To create a soothing atmosphere, choose earth tones, such as black, brown, and tan.
Tips for Incorporating Craftsman Style Accents Into Your Home
Now that we understand some of the basic principles of Craftsman style decor, let’s talk about some techniques for incorporating it into your home.
- Find an Accent Piece: Start by finding an eye-catching piece of furniture or decoration and treat it as your centerpiece. This could be a wooden rocking chair, a wall sculpture, or a ceramic vase.
- Bring in Contrasting Colors: Once you have chosen your main piece, bring in contrasting colors, such as dark greens, blues and purples. This will help draw attention to your statement piece.
- Choose Quality: When it comes to Craftsman style, quality is key. Look for hand-crafted furniture and home decor to ensure your pieces look and feel like they were made to last.
- Invite Nature In: To really capture the Craftsman style feel in your home, bring in natural materials, such as stone, wood, copper, and wrought iron.
Implementing Craftsman style accents into your home decor doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive. Instead of embarking on a full-scale home remodeling project, start small and pay attention to detail. Buy quality pieces and use a range of natural materials to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere. With a few simple changes, you can bring the Craftsman style into your home.